Thursday, August 21, 2014

Learn from my mistakes!


Here is another layout from Bella's album.  I have had the star chipboard circle for years and finally decided it was time to use it.  I coloured it with Tim Holtz's ink using the following colours: mustard seed, worn lipstick, peacock feathers, wild honey, and broken china.  Now here is one of those "learn from my mistakes" moments…I wanted to coat the chipboard with distress crackle rock candy paint, however you must wait for the ink to dry before smearing on the paint or the ink smears.  Ultimately the result was ok, but I would have liked for the ink to be sharper.
Other supplies include: Tim holtz clock and film strip stamps, card stock scraps, title & journalling card from My Mind's Eye, big gem brads, My Favourite Things dot stencil coloured with Pumice Stone ink.
If I was going to redo the layout, I would have used a different coloured journalling tag as I don't think the light pink goes well with the other colours.  Oh well, live and learn!

ADDED: I forgot to mention that I designed this layout all by myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment