Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Mail day!

Hello crafty world!

I *may* have received my order from Joann's today!!  Let me tell you my Canadian peeps, Joann's is definitely the best place to order crafty supplies from!  Wait for a sale on your favourite products - their sales are frequent.  Combined that with a 20% off your entire order coupon, and even with the shipping and duty, the prices are lower than anywhere local.  Their variety of products is HUGE, with many things we cannot get here.  (Teacher peeps - you can get 15% off every day if you sign up on their website.)

In my order was a few new distress inks and stains.  I had so much fun tonight creating my own colour charge for all the distress inks I own (don't judge me!):
 Aren't some of the names of the colours awesome??

I didn't have that much time tonight (hello real world of responsibilities!) but I needed to try out my new distress stains as they were calling to me from the mailbox.  I put together this quick tag but mixed peacock feathers & silver stain and then added a little spiced marmalade ink afterwards.  I LOVE the effect and will definitely need to play around more in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment